Sunday, April 24, 2011

Idaho resident, living at a boarding school in Washington. Can I get a Washington state driver's license?


Idaho resident, living at a boarding school in Washington. Can I get a Washington state driver's license?
Next semester my parents will be sending me to a boarding school about 30 miles from Seattle. I'm a resident of Idaho, and I've never gotten my license in any state before. Can I get my driver's license in Washington state while I'm there? Or do you have to be a resident of Washington to get a Washington state driver's license. By June my parents will have moved to Washington, anyway.
Insurance & Registration - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
i would say yes but get a Washington and Idaho license or just ask you local DVM :D
2 :
If you are in another state for more than a month, you should have that state's driver's license. You can actually get into trouble with the law if you don't. Exceptions are made for students out of state, but personally I think if you're over 18 then you should switch it. I ran into trouble getting a gym membership and some other stuff too.