Saturday, March 12, 2011

Can I get into the university of Washington Seattle with a combined high school GPA of 3.0?


Can I get into the university of Washington Seattle with a combined high school GPA of 3.0?
I have over 150 community service hours at several organizations I'm a senior taking all college credit courses and have a high gpa this year scored a 23 on the ACT was a varsity soccer captain and played all 4 years and received several honors my essay is pretty good i think
Seattle - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Your GPA is really low, but your activities really make up for it. If your essay is good, I think you have a really good chance. I was kind of the opposite. I got accepted with a 3.8-ish GPA, 1720 SAT, and one club which I was in for 3 years. Also under 10 hours of community service. Good luck. For certain reasons when I got accepted I rejected it, but now I'm going to try to come back and hope they'll accept me this time. But only 28% of their admitted transfers per year come from 4 yr universities.
2 :
It's worth it to try and apply. A 3.0 is a bit low to enter UW as a freshman, but who knows, maybe you will get lucky!