Monday, June 20, 2011

Looking to attend Argosy University in Seattle Washington?


Looking to attend Argosy University in Seattle Washington?
I am looking to attend this University to become a counselor. I am wanting to get my Bachelors and Masters Degree. I have had phone conferences with some of their reps and it sounds like a great school. However, I am just wondering how much they are sugar coating everything. It is a very expensive school and I don't want to waste my money. If anyone has had experience with this college how was your experience? Worth the money? I would appreciate ANY advice- thanks!
Higher Education (University +) - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You asked an intelligent question. It is always wise to investigate before committing money and time. Argosy is a for-profit proprietary school. This means that its mission is to make money for its owners, which is why it is so expensive. Proprietary schools are usually given little or no respect by other colleges and employers. You will get a better education for much less money in your state's public system of higher education, even if you need to start at a public community college before going on to a state college or university. Any school which has (sales) reps is probably a proprietary school. Non-profit schools, public and private, have admissions officers. Best wishes.