Saturday, May 28, 2011

Is it challenging to get accepted into the University of Washington Seattle?


Is it challenging to get accepted into the University of Washington Seattle?
I live in Tacoma (40 minutes away) and am close to getting my AA. I was wondering if UW was hard to get into. Ive heard many good things about the school and some people say its almost impossible to get into. is that true?
Higher Education (University +) - 8 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
123
2 :
Im from Magnolia Seattle! well from my understanding it is much easier to get into if you are from/live in washington (cheaper too!). so for starters that raises your chances a lot. But seriously, Do you really want to be a Husky?? JKJK
3 :
It's definitely harder to get into because so many people from around the country want to go there. I've visited the campus and it is absolutely the most gorgeous college campus ever. They have a great reputation and, come on, it's in Seattle! haha
4 :
yes the uw is very hard to get into
5 :
it is hard (but not impossible, i know many people that have gotten in) but i might be easier for you, since you are transfering (im not sure) http://www.princetonreview.com/college/research/profiles/admissions.asp?listing=1023567<id=1&intbucketid= but here is a link with some info i think you should try, even if you don't meet the average SAT scores and such...you never know, you might get in :)
6 :
Regardless which university you get accepted in, it will be a challenge to continue with the studies and graduate. Remember this because Uni is not a walk in the park, it is meant to test you and stretch you into a person far beyond what you are now. Good luck.
7 :
Its moderately difficult, you'll need good grades & good test scores would help. Go ahead and apply & find out, good luck. I enjoyed my time at the UW - best 10 years of my life (ho ho).
8 :
It's definitely not a crazy hard school to get get into. It still is semi-competitive though. I just got accepted there and I have about a 3.8 GPA, a pretty good SAT score, but no extracurricular activities, which I think they're pretty into. If you have around a 3.5, decent SAT scores, and extracurricular activities,I'm guessing you're chances of being accepted are pretty good, but that's not some totally accurate statistic or anything. I'm not sure what an AA is, but if it's something to do with a community college and you plan on transferring into UW, then it gets pretty hard to get into because they're harder on transfer students. Hope that helps =)