Saturday, May 14, 2011

I need to find some kind of park in Seattle, Washington?


I need to find some kind of park in Seattle, Washington?
I need to find a park in Seattle. I lived there for about 6 or 7 years and then i moved to Utah. I don't remember where the parks were exactly, i was young. So name (or describe) a few parks that are the closest to the Space Needle please. This is for my high school choir tour in April, i want to be prepared if the teacher asks if we should go to a park and have fun and do games. Curious question: I'm originally from Kent/Maple Valley, Washington. I moved from Kent to Maple Valley and then to Utah. Anyone here from Kent or Maple Valley?
Seattle - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
the parks closest to the space needle are where the hobos live
2 :
Google search Seattle Washington Parks
3 :
There are many around the space needle, including Kerry Park Denny Park Olympic Sculpture Park Elliot Bay Park Myrtle Edwards Park Regrade Park ... and so many more! I'm not sure how far the location has to be, but there so many... http://www.maps.google.com >> type in "space needle" and look at all the other parks in the green. hope this helps!
4 :
I was living in Tukwila, which is close to Kent... moved to AZ. Seattle has soooo many parks. Discovery park is one of my favorites. When it comes to parks close to the Space Needle, I think of Gasworks Park. Great for kite flying, weddings, picnics, etc. In the picture (see link), the sky is blue. Don't let that fool anyone... it's a rarity.
5 :
There is a park called Kash Park I'm not sure where its located you can look it up .. here.. There is one called Carkeek Park its really nice its got a nice trail and a big feild then a beach. Its really nice, also a Salmon Hatchery thingy. You should go!
6 :
The Olympic Sculpture Park, http://www.seattleartmuseum.org/visit/osp/, an outdoor sculpture park that is a part of (though not connected to) the Seattle Art Museum is one of the best parks with amazing artwork and sweeping views of the Puget Sound, just minutes walking from the Space Needle. Denny Park is just a couple blocks away, but isn't so breathtaking, though it's been recently cleaned up more and more. The Seattle Center grounds are very much like a park in a lot of areas and you can hang out at the International Fountain, the Center House, the Fun Forest Amusement Park (complete with rides/games/video games)! Not from Kent/Maple Valley, but I did look at condos in the area a couple years ago, haha...