Tuesday, May 24, 2011

i'm moving to seattle, washington & i want to know what's it like there, weather, education, etc?


i'm moving to seattle, washington & i want to know what's it like there, weather, education, etc?
my family is currently thinking of moving to Seattle, Washington. i'm currently in middle school, and i want to know what's it is like there? what is the weather like there? is the education good? is it expensive to live there? any good tourist attractions there? is there a large number of asians there? (yeah, i'm asian) and lastly of all, are there good violin/piano teachers there? thanks !
Seattle - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I'm the perfect person to ask, literally. I moved from Washington when i was 14 yrs old to Michigan. Basically i grew up in Washington. That state is awesome. There are tons of asians there. Also, there is no racism there. I didn't know what racism was until i moved here. People are so nice there. Also, my dad lived in Seattle so i visited him a lot and that city is so awesome. You would love it there.
2 :
I can't answer all your questions, but I can say that western Washington state seems fairly rainy to many people living here, but that doesn't mean the sun doesn't come out now and then. I lived in Seattle for 4 years while attending the University of Washington as a young adult, and frankly, if I had guests, they saw all they'd wanted to see after one or two days, max. But then, we weren't "city" people. Outside of Seattle, Washington state and the Pacific Northwest are a treasure trove of scenic wonders and natural sights, relatively uncrowded if you get just a little off the beaten path. There's a saying that wherever you are, be there. That's funky, but the message is to embrace your surroundings, and you'll enjoy them. I couldn't really tell you whether or not there are lots of Asians living there, because most of us in fact do seem to be fairly color-blind in that regard. Welcome to the area...
3 :
I have lived in Washington my entire life. The only thing i personally don't like is the weather it rains alot and it is always unexpected.But thats really the only bad thing!!!