Sunday, May 22, 2011

With my grades and test scores could I get into University of Washington Seattle?


With my grades and test scores could I get into University of Washington Seattle?
My high school GPA is about 2.9. I got a 26 on my ACT. I am an out of state student and have heard it is even harder for us. I have loads of extracurriculars both in and outside of school. I have won a few awards in school for sports, community service, and art. I have a serious life experience that explains my less than great grades. So what do you think, do I have a good shot?
Higher Education (University +) - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Give it try anyway, because there is a certain amount of leeway in the selection process. Your extracurricular activities might sway the admissions department. Here's the bad news from the Seattle Post Intelligencer from May 15th 2008 on this fall's class: Incoming students reported an average high school GPA of 3.7 and math and reading SAT score of 1,206 UW ranked 21st on the US News & World report ranking of colleges. So you can understand that it is very competitive. Good luck.